Sunday, November 20, 2011

Caramel Candle Holder...

My friend Kat rode 60 miles in the El Tour de Tucson yesterday...go Kat!  My daughter's school gave free massages to the riders after they were done with the tour, gives them more practice and it's a nice volunteering opportunity for them.  
Anyhow, I saw this fun gift giving idea on the front cover of the Nov/Dec issue of Paper Crafts Magazine done by Betsy Veldman . I thought it would be a great door prize for our spouses group meeting earlier this week. Here's my quick and simple version of the idea=) I bought a Pumpkin Pie Candle and used the color of the candle as a guide for my color combo. I stamped Wheat Stalks three times in More Mustard, going over the Wheat Stalks with a Glitter Pen. Crumb Cake and Cajun Craze Cardstock, nesties and Crumb Cake Seam Binding Ribbon. I used a quart size wide mouth mason jar, filling it with 1 1/2 bags of Caramels. My votive cup I've had forever ago from Michael's. 


Lindsey (the winner of the door prize) had a fabulous idea...she collects antique marbles and is going to fill the jar with marbles when the caramels are all gone=)  I told her I would switch out the ribbon and label to match her decor=) 

My daughter Mikaela (in white) with two of her classmates.

Thank-you so much for stopping by...I hope you've had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment